We're sorry, but registration for this event has closed.
Honoring Amazing Alumni
There are many amazing Beaver alumni living among us, and each year the alumni association has the difficult task of selecting just a few to honor with our awards programs.
This fall, we kick off the school year with our Alumni Fellows and Young Alumni Awards Celebration on Friday, October 19. We are recognizing six outstanding alumni and hope you will mark your calendar to join us, especially if any of the honorees are from your college or department.
Friday, October 19
CH2M HILL Alumni Center
Social at 6:00 p.m.
Dinner and awards program at 7:00 p.m.
$50 regular price
$45 for OSU Alumni Association members
$20 for OSU students
$360 for a table of eight
This year’s OSUAA Alumni Fellows are:
This year’s recipient of the OSUAA Young Alumni Award is Bridget Burns of Portland. She is chief of staff in the Oregon University System, with a 2004 BS in political science and a 2011 master's in public policy from OSU. The College of Liberal Arts nominated her.
- Celia Austin of Newberg. She is a businesswoman, arts patron and member of the OSU Foundation Board of Trustees, with a 1976 BS in home economics communications from OSU. She and her husband, G. Kenneth Austin III, a 1977 OSU graduate, share many philanthropic and business successes and are also award-winning llama ranchers. The College of Public Health and Human Sciences nominated her.
- Ellen Bishop of Touchet, Wash. She is a geologist, professor and author with a 1979 master's degree and 1983 doctorate from OSU, both in geology. She is widely recognized for using her writing and photography skills, coupled with her training and experience in geology, to advance public understanding of geology and its role in considering how humans use the land. The College of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences nominated her.
- Roosevelt Credit of New York City. He is a Broadway singer and music teacher with a 1990 BS in music education from OSU. He most recently completed a run as a fisherman in the Tony Award-winning revival of "The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess." The College of Liberal Arts nominated him. Credit will showcase his talents in a free "Broadway in the MU" performance from 3:15 until 4 p.m., Oct. 19 in the Memorial Union Lounge.
- Gayle Fitzpatrick of Morristown, N.J. She is an executive with Oracle Corp., with a 1978 BS in business administration from OSU. She is Oracle's group vice president for North America commercial engineered systems. The College of Business nominated her.
- Shelton Louie of Vancouver, Wash. He is a pharmacist with a 1978 BS in pharmacy from OSU. He spent 30 years working for Fred Meyer Corp., and is founder of GSL Solutions, which provides sophisticated automated systems for handling prescriptions in large pharmacies. The College of Pharmacy nominated him.
Homecoming 2012 is sponsored by the Oregon Community Credit Union.
A proud partner of OSUAA; bringing you the OSU Beaver Card later this month.