Dan W. Poling Service Award Requirements
Sponsored by the OSU Alumni Association
Every outstanding university depends greatly upon the loyal service of its alumni and friends. Dan W. Poling, a 1928 graduate of Oregon State, joined the faculty of his alma mater in 1937 and has served as a shining example to thousands of Oregon Staters as dean of men, mentor, teacher and friend. His abiding love for Oregon State University, his strong commitment to maintaining OSU traditions and ideals, and his loyal and tireless support of the University deserve special recognition. In his honor this award is given.
1. Open to any alumnus/na, friend, or member of the OSU family who has volunteered time and service to the University.
2. Length and significance of service will be considered.
3. Integrity of recipient and demonstrated service to the University must be of such high quality as to inspire others to emulate the standards Dan Poling represents.
4. Recipient must be able to be present at the ceremony.
THOSE INELIGIBLE FOR NOMINATIONS:
1. A candidate for any public office.
2. A current member of the OSU Alumni Board of Directors
3. A current OSU or OSUAA employee
4. A member of the Alumni Award Selection Committee
1. Nominations for the award are encouraged from any source.
2. All nominations shall be kept confidential.
3. Forms for making nominations shall be furnished by the Alumni Office and are available for download below.
ALUMNI AWARDS COMMITTEE:
Members of the Alumni Association’s Board of Directors Award Selection Committee.
FREQUENCY AND NUMBER OF AWARDS TO BE PRESENTED:
Award shall be made annually. Ordinarily, the award should be made to a single individual; however, if appropriate in the judgment of the committee, the award maybe made to two or more individuals when the service honored obviously is inseparable.
ANNOUNCEMENT, TIME AND PLACE OF PRESENTATION OF AWARD:
1. This award shall be presented at Destination OSU, held in Palm Springs California in March.
SYMBOL OF AWARD:
A suitable and attractive symbol of the Dan Poling Service Award shall be presented to each recipient.